Harvest Manager – Yuma Operations (Yuma, AZ)
40 hours per week
Available for additional hours as business needs require
The Harvest Manager is responsible for the harvest operations for our Yuma, AZ Ranches and for our affiliated growers in that area. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to crop estimation, harvest scheduling, crew recruiting, training and management, production reporting.
- Recruit, conduct orientation and training and supervise harvesting crews and supervisors for seasonal harvest annually
- Negotiates rates with Yuma labor contractors for Fam Labor Contractors
- Schedule in-house and FLC crews to maximize cost effectiveness, optimize fruit quality and insure availability to meet market demand
- Monitor in-house and FLC crews during harvest to insure quality and food safety standards are being met, verify all crews are in compliance with state and federal regulations for farm labor,
- Estimate total annual harvest by block; update the per block estimate periodically as requested
- Review and approve all labor contractor’s invoices, calculate per field box cost
- Supervise other harvest department personnel; insure that all employee safety programs and related training are in place and followed;
- Coordinate harvest schedule with pest control, weed control and irrigation schedules and verify all restrictions have been removed before allowing harvest crew in the orchard
- Interact with buyers/customers when required
- Develop relationships with quality growers; represent the packinghouse in grower relations
- 5 experience in harvest management
- Candidates must have a degree from a University in the field of Agricultural
- Candidates must have extensive knowledge of harvest planning, accounting, farm labor contractor regulations, and understanding of the relationship between product availability and market demand
- Must be fluent in Spanish and able to multi-task
Limoneira Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability or marital status.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter along with a filled out application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Harvest Manager – Yuma Operations Position as your subject line.