Irrigator (Yuma, AZ)
Additional Hours may be required, including weekends and Holidays
The responsibility of the irrigator will be to properly irrigate the citrus groves.
- Maintain irrigation system, including valves, regulation pressures, flushing and cleaning sprinklers and filters, and operating pumps
- Schedule and accomplish irrigation for all blocks under their designated area; responsible for turning on/off the entire irrigation system for every block under their designated area as necessary
- Ensure trees are properly irrigated
- Ensure ditches are in proper working order before and after irrigation
- Check border (berms) regularly to ensure that no breaks occur
- Analyze when more frequent irrigation during hot weather is needed and complete irrigation plan
- Fertilize all blocks under designated area as needed
- Light labor work such as hoe weeds, pile brush, apply granular fertilizer and any other manual labor work as required
- Comply with all Safety and Food Safety rules
- Other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
- 1 year of previous irrigating experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Must have an understanding of irrigation systems and flood irrigation
- Must be familiar with all farm machinery
- Must be familiar with pesticide regulations
- Must be able to complete minor repairs to lines, valves, and filters
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
- English is preferred, but not recommended
This position is both an indoor and outdoor position.
Limoneira Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability or marital status.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter along with a filled out application to email@example.com. Please use Irrigator Position as your subject line.