Pruner (Santa Paula, CA)
Santa Paula, California
8 hours/day, occasional over time, Saturday or Emergency Work
This position is responsible for the proper forming and maintenance of citrus trees by selectively cutting and trimming branches to achieve the desired bearing structure.
- Climb trees with safety devices to properly cut down limbs
- Cut away dead, obstructive, or excess branches from trees and shrubbery
- Work with power hand tools such as chainsaws, power trimmers and hand pruners
- Plant new orchards
- Care of young trees
- Use shovels and rakes to clear debris and dispose of them
- Operate farm equipment
- Comply with all Safety and Food Safety rules
- Other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
- 1 year of previous pruning experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Must be able to properly plant citrus trees
- Must be to properly prune trees
- Must be able to properly use loppers, hand saws, and chain saws
- Must be able to follow directions from a supervisor
- Must be able to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Must maintain a good attendance and punctuality record.
Limoneira Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability or marital status.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter along with a filled out application to email@example.com. Please use Pruner Position as your subject line.