Tech Savvy Operator: Computer Controlled Production Equipment (Santa Paula, CA)
Santa Paula, California
8 hours/day, available for all shifts to include Holidays, nights,
weekends, 24-hour emergency calls, and overtime as business needs require
The Compac Sizer Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Compac Sizer equipment.
- Responsible for the set-up and safe operation of the equipment: perform all necessary pre-start checks
- Responsible for general equipment repairs; preventive maintenance; cleaning; proper shutdown procedures and troubleshooting to assure accuracy of equipment; maintain all electronic and hardware in clean and good operating condition
- Responsible to calibrate unit on a regular basis to ensure proper performance
- Continuously monitor all relevant performance metrics, adjust as needed to correct deviations
- Complete downtime tracking documentation; maintain daily operator log book to document observations, machine adjustments, etc.
- Monitor fruit samples for quality, size, grade and identify when adjustments are necessary
- Facilitate training on all equipment
- Communicate with team members all vital information necessary to successfully execute our company and mission goals while not losing sight of employee and food safety
- Must comply with all Safety and Food Safety rules and regulations
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Pack Manager, Plant Superintendent or Management
- 2 years’ experience in equipment operations and maintenance
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English; Spanish fluency preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced working setting
Limoneira Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability or marital status.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter along with a filled out application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Tech Savvy Operator Position as your subject line.