Just as many of us love the taste of citrus fruits in the morning, our skin loves the refreshing dose of nutrients and antioxidants it gets from lemons an oranges. These DIY recipes use lemons and oranges with other fragrances to create skincare that is not only good for you, it’s a fragrant dose of aromatherapy on your skin. Lemons and oranges can help brighten the look of your skin, and minimize the appearance of pores. There is even evidence from some studies that vitamin C can help protect the skin from UV damage and actually boost skin repair.
Lemon Rose Toner
Toner is the missing link between cleansing your skin and moisturizing, helping to unclog pores and deep clean your skin.
2 1/2 ounces of rose water
1/2 ounce aloe vera water
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2-3 drops of lavender tea tree essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients thoroughly and store in an opaque spray bottle you can tightly seal.
- It can be stored in a cool place out of the sun.
Orange Sage Body Scrub
4 ounces of Dead Sea salt
1 tablespoon of whole, dried sage leaves
1-2 orange wedges
1 ounce of coconut oil
2 ounces of macademia nut oil
- Blend all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- If it’s too thick, you can add a little water.
- If it’s too thin, add a little more salt.
- Store in a sealed container in a cool place.