Spicy Meyer Lemon Shrimp & Veggie Bake
- 3 Meyer lemons zest & juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 6 carrots trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the ingredients for the marinade to a small bowl and stir together to form an emulsion.
- Add the shrimp to another small bowl, and spoon about half the marinade over the shrimp. Stir gently to coat them as evenly as you can. Set aside and refrigerate. As you cook the rest of the dish, stir the shrimp every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a shallow baking dish. Spoon about half of the remaining marinade/sauce over them, and stir to distribute as evenly as you can.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chunks are starting to soften, but still fairly firm inside.
- Turn the heat up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the carrots, and spoon most of the remaining sauce over them. Try to keep a tablespoon or two for the peas.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. The sweet potatoes should be softened and just starting to caramelize, and the carrots should be softened. Turn the sweet potato pieces to brown the other side.
- Add the peas, and spoon the remaining sauce over them.
- Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes. Take the dish from the oven and stir the vegetables gently to brown all sides.
- Make a space in the middle of the dish and add the shrimp last. Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the shrimp are firm and opaque.
- Serve immediately.