Fruit Salad with Citrus Dressing
Full of goodness and bursting with flavor, this delightful fruit salad will be a centerpiece of your barbecue or patio party, brunch, or any other occasion that calls for great taste. Enlivened with lemon, orange, and mint dressing, it will soon become a go-to favorite.
- 2/3 cup fresh orange Juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas sliced
- 2 oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
- Add the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, orange and lemon zest to a saucepan over a medium-high setting.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a medium-low setting, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the dressing is slightly thickened.
- As it simmers, finely chop the mint with a sharp knife or in a food processor.
- Remove the dressing from the stove, and stir in the mint. Allow it to cool as you prepare the salad.
- In a large bowl, add the fruit in layers, starting with the pineapple and ending with the blueberries.
- When the dressing has cooled, pour it over the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving so that the flavors combine.
Note: You can easily scale this down by half or more. The exact amounts of the fruit in the salad don’t matter as much as the proportion of ingredients in the dressing.