Healthy Hors D’Oeuvres: Moro Blood Orange, Prosciutto & Avocado
- 5 ounces feta
- 2 small avocados peeled, pitted & cut into chunks
- 12 leaves fresh mint
- 12 slices Prosciutto de Parma very thin
- 1-2 Moro blood oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Moro blood orange sections garnish
- mint leaves garnish
- Peel the Moro blood oranges and remove as much of the white pith as you can. Separate into sections.
- For each hors d’oeuvres, take one slice of the Prosciutto and lay it flat. Place a blood orange section, piece of avocado, spoonful of Feta, and mint leaf on it. Roll the Prosciutto up tightly.
- When they are all assembled, add the olive oil to a saucepan, and place the rolled Prosciutto carefully in it to cook.
- Cook at a medium-low setting, turning now and then, for about 5 minutes. The Prosciutto should be caramel in color.
- Remove carefully to a serving platter, and garnish with additional slices of Moro blood orange and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.