Homemade Lemon Drops
Homemade lemon drop candies give you a zesty flavor pop anytime you need a break. They’re made with real lemon juice and zest for authentic taste.
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 lemon juiced and zested
- 3 drops yellow food color optional
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- icing sugar to dust
- Juice and zest the lemon with a fine grater.
- Measure the water and sugar into a saucepan over a medium low heat.
- Heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon zest and bring to a rolling boil. If you have a candy thermometer, it should read 250 Fahrenheit.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the lemon juice, honey, and food coloring if desired. Stir together.
- Return to the heat until the mixture comes to another boil.
- Strain out the lemon rind (or leave it in as you like). Pour the candy mixture onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes, just until it's cool enough to touch.
- Use a spoon or clean fingers and pull out small pieces one at a time. Roll into a ball and dust with icing sugar.