Lemon Garlic & Tuna Pasta
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans tuna 6oz each packed in olive oil
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated – to serve
- Bring a pot of water with 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil, and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain, but reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta liquid.
- Place the pine nuts on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. Shake the pan after about 5 minutes to turn. When they are done, remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the pine nuts are toasting, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium high setting. Saute the garlic for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tuna, lemon juice and zest, and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- Now add the cooked pasta, herbs and seasonings – reserving a little of the parsley to garnish – stirring them around until thoroughly blended in the pan. Add the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce if required to coat the pasta thoroughly.
- Divide between four plates, top with grated Parmesan, and garnish with the reserved parsley.