You can easily reduce your exposure to potentially harmful chemicals by making your own household cleaning products. This cleanser is great for kitchens and bathrooms, using three natural cleaning powerhouse ingredients:
- Lemon for grease cutting, soap scum removing, bleaching, disinfecting;
- Baking soda (a salt) for natural disinfecting action;
- White vinegar to disinfect, remove bacteria, and cut grease.
Best of all, you can whip up a batch in a couple of minutes, and you’re ready to lemon clean. Here’s the recipe:
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 Tablespoons baking soda
4 cups water
1/2 a lemon
- Heat the water in a clean pot until steaming – but not to the boiling point.
- Pour the water into a small clean bucket or other container.
- Add the vinegar and baking soda.
- Cut the half lemon into two or three wedges and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Once the juice has dripped in, add the lemon rind to the liquid.
- Stir with large spoon until the baking soda is dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Remove the lemon rinds.
- Your cleaner is ready to use. Just pour it into a clean spray bottle and shake well before use.