Spicy Citrus Burgers with Blood Orange Ginger Chipotle Mayo
- 2 lemons zest
- 1 Moro blood orange zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 dash hot sauce to taste
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo chipotle chilies canned, chopped
- Zest the lemons and Moro blood orange using a fine grater. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and half the blood orange into the bowl.
- Add the minced garlic and a dash of hot sauce. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add the ground beef, and then the beaten egg.
- Use a fork to thoroughly combine the mixture, and form into patties.
- Grill outdoors with the lid open, or on an indoor grill, at a high temperature for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until thoroughly cooked, and there is no longer any pink in the middle.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Top the burgers with the mayo, and serve with or without a bun to taste.